Become a Centre Ambassador
We’re looking for carers to become Ambassadors for North Tyneside Carers’ Centre
North Tyneside Carers’ Centre is an independent charity and the only generic carer support service in North Tyneside supporting both young and adult carers.
Our knowledgeable team works hard to support carers with everything from advocacy to mental health through one to one sessions and peer support groups. Everything we do is to help make life easier for you and the person you care for.
As important as our message is, we understand it’s just one of many important messages that need to be heard and highlighted in the world right now. Nevertheless, we have a job to do and it’s important to us to find ways to help make carers more visible. We’re asking carers to help us with this as your voice will have a bigger impact on people hearing our messages.
What does being an Ambassador involve?
- Being a spokesperson – occasionally, we may contact you to share a quote or your experience with local or national media. Usually this will involve sharing a photo and/or your name and age.
- Recording a video or taking photos of something you love, a video or photo diary of your day as a carer or an achievement you’re proud of that we share on social media to promote carers (as regularly as you feel comfortable with). We’d like to use this to share more real news stories and content on our email bulletins and social media to bring carers to life, instead of them feeling hidden and unseen.
- Occasionally, we may ask you to share a post or URL from our website to promote an upcoming social media campaign or event we are hosting for carers (if you are comfortable doing so).
- Sharing your feedback with our team on better ways to reach carers online and offline. If you go to a local club, know of a well-placed community noticeboard or think our posters and banners should be somewhere they aren’t – we’d love to hear your ideas.
- Sharing your ideas and feedback on virtual and in-person events. If there’s something you’d like to see held at the Centre, or online, that you think would help carers or carers in your situation, we’d love to hear your thoughts.
We understand you have a lot on your plate already, so please consider this carefully before volunteering for anything new. By becoming an ambassador for North Tyneside Carers’ Centre you can help us shape our services and most importantly, help us help you and others when they need it most.
To apply to become an Ambassador, please send a short email introducing yourself to our Media and Communications Officer email@example.com.