Our dedicated team of volunteers
As a charity, North Tyneside Carers’ Centre relies on the support of volunteers. Our dedicated team of volunteers are a great asset to the Carers’ Centre and allow us to extend our reach and provide support to more carers.
We have a number of volunteering roles at the Centre including:
- Facilitating adult or young carer activities
- Facilitating peer support groups
- Helping to manage our IT system
- Administrative support
- Helping to raise awareness with professionals by sharing your experiences as a carer in training sessions or presentations.
Volunteering is also a great way for you to:
- make a difference to carers’ lives
- gain confidence and self-esteem
- learn new skills or maintain existing ones
- gain work experience and a reference
- meet new people
- give something back to your local community
Volunteers are part of our Centre team and we value their views and input. All of our volunteers have a named member of staff who will support them, they receive out of pocket expenses and comprehensive induction training.
If you are interested in volunteering with us, please contact the Centre on 0191 2496480 or email us at email@example.com
Quote from Volunteer
“I am very grateful to have been given the opportunity to become a volunteer at the Carers’ Centre North Shields. It has given me a chance to give something back to a wonderful organisation. The friendly warm and caring support I received from the Carers’ Centre has inspired me to go on and help others in similar situations.”