Information, Advice & Guidance
North Tyneside Carers’ Centre provides a confidential advice and information service. Support can be provided via telephone, email, meetings at the Centre, in your own home or at a community venue.
Our Advice Workers are available Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm to discuss your situation with you and help you resolve any immediate issues. Ongoing support can also be provided where needed. Everyone’s caring situation is different, therefore you will be offered information, advice and guidance which is tailored to meet your individual needs.
- Ways to look after yourself – click here for more information
- Taking a break from caring – click here for more information
- How to manage a specific illness or condition
- Benefits and entitlements – click here for more information
- Peer support groups – click here for more information
- How to get the best from a Carer’s Assessment – click here to learn more about your rights
- Planning for an emergency – click here to find more information
- Employment, education or training opportunities
- Sessions about topics to help you cope emotionally and practically with your caring role e.g. First Aid, Lasting Power of Attorney, Managing Stress, Relaxation and Mindfulness – click here to see our our events calendar
- Social events and activities for you and the person you care for – click here to see our our events calendar
- Assistive technology
- Signposting you to specialist services for yourself or the person you care for or contacting them on your behalf and making a referral
If you would like to have a chat with one of our team please contact the Centre on (0191) 643 2298 or email us at email@example.com.
Quote from carer
“Your advice was professional, prompt, accurate and helpful”