We have a specialist Mental Health Carer Support Worker who will discuss with you and recognise the impact of your caring responsibilities on your health and wellbeing. The worker will provide you with individually tailored advice, information and support to meet your needs.
Support may include:
- Understand your rights as a carer and mental health legislation
- Support carers through the Carer's Assessment process
- Support to meet the needs identified in your Carer’s Assessment
- Information, advice and guidance
- Emotional support
- Support to develop coping strategies
- Support carers to maintain your autonomy
- Advocacy support to ensure your voice is heard
- Employment support including:
- Support to access appropriate training
- Support to access employment
- Support to remain in employment
- Support to access benefits to maximise your income
- Support to increase social and leisure opportunities
- Access to regular mental health peer support groups and opportunities
- Housing support including letters and advocacy at meetings
- Mental health awareness training to equip you with the skills and confidence to continue caring
- Refer and signpost to other agencies which can provide you with appropriate support
If you or the person you care for has mental health needs and you require support, call the Centre on (0191) 643 2298.
If someone depends on you, you can depend on us.