Training, Events & Information Sessions
Each year the Centre runs training, events and information sessions for carers which are based on feedback about the topics and issues that carers find helpful. The programme includes sessions to:
- Enhance practical caring skills e.g. First Aid, Infection Control
- Improve mental wellbeing and coping skills e.g. Mindfulness,
- Stress Management, Caring with Confidence
- Increase understanding of illnesses and conditions e.g. Understanding Stroke, Dealing with Dementia, Coping with Mental Health issues
- Increase knowledge of issues related to caring e.g. Legal issues such as Lasting Power of Attorney and Mental Capacity, How Telecare and Technology can help
All our sessions are offered free of charge and are designed to give you the skills and knowledge to help you cope confidently in your caring role.
Please click here to see our current programme of training, events and information sessions.
We also work with other organisations who are happy to share their expertise to support carers to run events and courses e.g. delivering Dementia Care: Staying Connected and Living Well which is a free course developed by Newcastle University; conference highlighting good practice and support services for Autistic people and their carers.
If you see a session or event that you are interested in attending but you are unable to leave the person you care for to attend, please contact the Centre and we will discuss the options available to you.
We are always keen to hear carers’ views so if you have any suggestions for new training or information sessions then please let us know.
If you would like to discuss a course or information session or would like further information contact the Centre on 0191 643 2298 or email us at email@example.com.
These pages may also be of interest...
13jul2:00 pm13aug3:00 pmSupporting Someone With Dementia Workshop - Part OneJoin us for two invaluable sessions that will help you improve your knowledge about dementia and understand how to support someone living with it.
04aug(aug 4)2:30 pm25(aug 25)4:00 pmCarer Peer Support GroupThis regular group is a safe, welcoming virtual meet-up for any adult carer who feels that they would benefit from chatting to other carers for support and information.