If you require ongoing support or a more in depth discussion about your needs as a carer, we can offer you one-to-one sessions with a Carer Support Worker.
This specialist worker will discuss your situation with you so that they can understand the impact of your caring responsibilities on all aspects of your life including your health, wellbeing and finances. They will provide you with individually tailored information, advice and guidance to support you to make informed choices which are right for you including the opportunity to:
- Talk things through in a safe environment with someone who understands the challenges of being a carer
- Access advocacy support, to help you express your views and wishes
- Understand your rights as a carer and how you can access support from Adult Social Care for you or the person you care for
- Explore other organisations that may be able to support you
- Share your difficulties or concerns about managing the condition of the person you care for
- Develop coping strategies and ways to look after your own health and wellbeing
- Explore how you can have a life outside of caring
- Plan for the future, or an emergency
- Find out about benefits and entitlements
- Access support to gain or maintain employment, training or education
Discover other services provided by North Tyneside Carers’ Centre such as peer support groups, training or activities.
If you feel you would benefit from one-to-one support, please contact the Centre on (0191) 643 2298, alternatively you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Quote from carer
“Thank you for your support and understanding which has helped me more than you may realise.”