Mental Health Carers Wellbeing Worker (Maternity Cover)
37 hours per week
Fixed Term contract until 31 March 2021 with a possible opportunity to extend until 30 September 2021 (subject to funding)
The Centre is seeking to appoint a Mental Health Carers Wellbeing Worker. The post holder will work with adult carers caring for a family member or friend with an enduring mental health condition to:
- Provide specialist information, advice and guidance to carers so they understand the condition and cope better with their caring role.
- Support carers to understand mental health legislation and their rights as a mental health carer.
- Support carers to understand mental health services and how to access them.
- Support carers to maintain their own health and wellbeing.
- Provide effective advocacy support for carers to ensure their views are considered during hospital discharge and the care planning process.
- Co-deliver a programme of health and wellbeing group sessions.
The post holder will have:
- At least 2 years’ experience of working with people with an enduring mental health issue and/ or their families
- Understanding of mental health conditions, legislation and guidance and be able to use their knowledge to challenge decisions where needed
- Experience of providing advice, information and guidance to people with an enduring mental health issue and/or their families
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Empathy, be approachable, caring and have a genuine desire to improve the lives of carers in North Tyneside.
Closing date for applications: 10am on Monday 5th October 2020
Interviews will be held: Friday 9th October 2020
Completed applications should be uploaded. If you have any queries please contact email@example.com.
Please click the links below to download: