If you are a carer living in North Tyneside and you are feeling the stresses and strains of your caring role, North Tyneside Carers’ Centre may be able to offer you support through our Counselling Service.
We have two fully trained counsellors who are registered with the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy and work within its professional code of ethics and practice.
Counselling is a collaborative effort between the counsellor and the client and will help you deal with issues that affect your mental health and well-being. The counsellor will:
- Offer a safe, confidential and non-judgemental place where you can talk about yourself and the things that are you are struggling with
- Listen to how you feel and how your difficulties are affecting you
- Work with you to help you understand what decisions you may need to make to work through your issues
- Refer you to other services, such as our Carer Support Service, if you need any information, advice or advocacy
Our counsellors will invite you to meet with them for an initial discussion where you can find out more about the counselling service and how it may benefit you in your role as a carer. If you are both happy that the service can help you then you will then be offered:
- Six free sessions lasting 55 minutes at the Centre in a safe, comfortable environment
- Sessions are available on a Tuesday or a Wednesday evening
If you would like further information or you would like to access the counselling service, please contact the Centre on (0191) 643 2298 or via email at email@example.com.
Quote from carer
“Thank you the sessions helped me cope better with my caring role.”