Family Support Worker
37 hrs per week
£20,935 per annum
Fixed term until 31st March 2019
The Centre is seeking to appoint a Family Support Worker who will work with young carers aged 5-18, taking on caring roles for family members because of illness, disability, mental health difficulties or alcohol/substance misuse. Providing practical and emotional support to meet the needs of the whole family the post holder will have a specific focus upon the needs of young carers.
The post holder will also:
- have a proven track record in working with children and young people and their families
- have an understanding of social care, health and education services
- be able to adopt a whole family approach to working
- possess excellent group facilitation skills
- demonstrate good communication and organisational skills
- have the ability to work as part of a team; numeracy, IT literacy and good reporting skills
- the ability to work flexible hours
Closing date for application: 10am Thursday 6th September 2018
Interviews will be held: Thursday 13th September 2018 (PM)
Application forms and supporting documents (including job description) can be obtained by via the following links or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
Completed applications should be returned to Anna Fox: Young Carers’ Project Manager email@example.com
North Tyneside Carers’ Centre
3rd Floor YMCA Building Church Way
Find volunteering opportunities here.
Find out how to become a Carers' Champion here.
Find out how to join the Board of Trustees here.
If someone depends on you, you can depend on us.