North Tyneside Carers' Centre has secured additional funding from North Tyneside Clinical Commissioning Group to increase the support we provide to carers caring for someone with a mental health condition: We are therefore looking to recruit a:
Mental Health Carers Wellbeing Worker
Funded until 31st March 2020
£23,125 - 37 hours per week
The post holder will work with adult carers caring for a family member or friend with a mental health condition to:
- Provide specialist information, advice and guidance.
- Support carers to understand their rights and make informed choices.
- Support carers to have a life outside of caring.
- Support carers to maintain their own health and wellbeing.
- Provide advocacy support for carers to ensure their views are considered during the care planning process.
- Develop and deliver targeted support to young adult carers.
- Co-deliver a programme of health and wellbeing group sessions.
The post holder will have:
- At least 2 years’ experience of working with people with mental health issues and/ or their families;
- Direct experience of providing support to adults on a one to one basis and in group settings;
- Excellent communication and organisational skills;
- Empathy: be approachable, caring and have a genuine desire to improve the lives of carers in North Tyneside.
Closing date: 12 Noon on Thursday 2nd May 2019
Interviews: Thursday 9th May 2019
Application packs are available by emailing email@example.com or by ringing Julie King on 0191 643 2298.
Please complete and return all of the documents including a SIGNED application form (CV’s will not be accepted) to:
Adult Carers’ Service Manager, North Tyneside Carers’ Centre, 3rd floor, YMCA Building, Church Way, North Shields, NE29 0AB.
Find volunteering opportunities here.
Find out how to become a Carers' Champion here.
Find out how to join the Board of Trustees here.
If someone depends on you, you can depend on us.