Over a 1/4 million people need Changing Places toilets to enable them to get out and about and enjoy the day-to-day activities many of us take for granted.
The Changing Places Consortium launched its campaign in 2006 on behalf of the over 1/4 of a million people who cannot use standard accessible toilets. This includes people with profound and multiple learning disabilities, motor neurone disease, multiple sclerosis, cerebral palsy, as well as older people.
To use the toilet in safety and comfort, many people need to be able to access a Changing Places, which have more space and the right equipment, including a height adjustable changing bench and a hoist.
For more information download
Changing Places in North Tyneside
- Howdon Library and Family Learning Centre, Churchill Street, Howdon. NE28 7TG
- Hadrian Leisure Centre, St Peters Road, Wallsend. NE28 7LQ
- Wallsend Customer First Centre, The Forum, Wallsend. NE28 8JR
- Whitley Bay Customer First Centre, York Road, Whitley Bay. NE26 1AB
- Waves, The Links, Whitley Bay. NE26 1TQ
- North Shields Customer First Centre, Northumberland Square, North Shields. NE30 1QU