Universal Credit is a new means-tested benefit you can claim if you are on a low income or out of work.
Universal Credit can support:
- for housing
- for children and childcare
- if you’re disabled or have a health condition
- if you care for somebody with a disability
If you claim Universal Credit you will no longer be eligible for tax credits. Additionally, if your partner claims, or if you move in with a partner who claims Universal Credit:
- you will no longer be eligible for tax credits
- you will no longer be eligible for your current benefit claims
- your partner’s Universal Credit will become a joint claim
Universal Credit is being rolled out gradually and will replace the following benefits:
- Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Housing Benefit
- Working Tax Credit
- Child Tax Credit
- Employment and Support Allowance
- Income Support
If you would like to find out more about Universal Credit, please contact the Centre on (0191) 643 2298.
Click here to find out more about Universal Credit.
If someone depends on you, you can depend on us.